We bought 3 three day tickets between the 4 of us. Of course Matthew and Dennis were there for the three days and Merryn and I shared the other ticket. Merryn went to the Friday practice and Saturday qualifying. I had a bad eye infection so almost missed out but managed to get there on Sunday night (thank you so much Merryn for looking after all of our three children!).
We were pretty happy with our seats, quite close to the race course plus right in front of the screen so that we can see what's going on and could hear the commentating occasionally.
It is such an amazing venue. From the grandstand we were at you could see the stunning view of the skyline and Marina Bay Sands.
I think this was the first night I went out with Matthew after having Ashley.

It was such a pleasant evening:
I was busy worrying about settling Ashley and dealing with my sore eye so I completely forgot to take my big camera. So I only had my iphone to take photos :( hence didn't take many. But you can still get the feeling of what we enjoyed through some of the photos below.
The hotel was dressed in F1 for the weekend:
So many people!!

This is the best I could do to catch the super fast moving car! Can you see it?
I am not at all into F1 but it was fantastic to be at a live sport venue. The last few laps were great especially as we could see some action right in front of us! There was a little crash near our stand so they put out the SC (safety car) during which time the cars needed to follow it. Apparently they need to keep their tires warm so were driving in zig-zags at lower speed.
You can see them going past on this video.
As you may know the winner Sebastian Vettel was too good to be beaten and finished way ahead of the rest of the cars.
We also enjoyed beautiful fireworks at the end of the race:
There were so many people using the same gates to get out but it was very well managed . They opened up the race course for people to walk too, which was rather cool.
(I wasn't there with Merryn so this is the only photo of her I got off Matthew)

Our friends carried on partying at the concerts after the F1, The Killers and Rihanna. Matthew managed to go on Saturday and had fun but couldn't go on Sunday because of an early start on Monday am. I think next year will be good for me to go out and party :)
No comments:
Post a Comment